A Law Firm Simplifying Complex Estate And Trust Administration Matters
The attorneys at MacLean and Ema, P.A., offer legal services and representation to clients in the areas of probate, trust and estate administration. Our Pompano Beach firm provides clients with the knowledge and experience required to navigate the complexities of the legal system and tax laws to ensure that all appropriate tax reporting and filings are completed on a state and federal level, fiduciary responsibilities are fulfilled, and assets are distributed in accordance with a decedent’s estate plan.
A Wide Range Of Services And Guidance For Executors And Trustees
Settling an estate is a big job, and mistakes and omissions can be costly. If you’ve been named as the executor (or personal representative) or a loved one’s estate or as a trustee of an estate-related trust, the duties can feel overwhelming. Thankfully, our firm is here to help with nearly every aspect of the process, including:
- Preparing and filing court documents required for probate administration
- Gathering and valuing assets of a decedent’s estate
- Notifying creditors and other interested parties of estate proceedings
- Establishing accounts in the name of a personal representative or trustee
- Preparing federal estate and gift tax returns, asset listings and accountings
- Arranging for the payment of a decedent’s debts and outstanding obligations
- Completing the distribution of a decedent’s assets to appropriate beneficiaries
- Counseling personal representatives and trustees concerning their fiduciary duties
- Filing appropriate documentation to clear title to a decedent’s real estate
- Establishing and funding a decedent’s trusts and/or sub-trusts
- Preparing disclaimers and implementing post-mortem tax planning
No matter what your needs may be, our firm offers guidance backed by nearly a half-century of experience.
Advice, Guidance And Representation For Family Members
Grief can sometimes cause or heighten family disagreements and tensions. Not everyone will understand or agree with an executor’s decisions. If that’s the situation you find yourself in, it can be helpful and reassuring to consult with a legal professional. Our lawyers are here to answer your questions, explain your rights and obligations and help you seek cost-effective and peaceful resolutions to any problems that arise during the administration process.
How Can We Help Your Family? Contact Us Today To Discuss Your Needs.
MacLean and Ema, P.A., is based in Pompano Beach, and we have been serving Broward County and Florida’s Gold Coast for nearly 50 years. To discuss your legal needs with one of our caring and attentive attorneys, call us at 954-785-1900 or submit an online contact form.